Top 10 Things You Need to Know About Matangi Private Island, Fiji.
If you ever had a treehouse when you were a child you will know how much fun it was to climb up the tree and see the world from a different perspective. Can you imagine how much more fun it would be to do this, with your vantage point overlooking one of the most beautiful islands in the world?
The treehouse accommodation at Matangi Private Island Resort lets you relive that childhood memory and you get to do it in style.
Can you imagine waking up to birdsong, fresh clean air and peace and quiet every morning? This is how it will be for you when you choose to spend some time on Matangi Island Resort. The island is a perfect hideaway if you want to just enjoy some alone time, and it's ideal for honeymooners to wind down and relax.
Now you're tempted how do you get there? Because it's so private you have to fly in, but you should be prepared for an early adventure as there is no jetty so it's going to be a water landing. The thing about Matangi is there is so much fun to be had and so much to do! So before you go, check out our Top 10 Things You Need to Know About Matangi:
1. Matangi Ocean Spa is a unique over-water treatment centre where you can indulge in one of the islands pamper specialties.
2. The 240 acre island has been in the same family since 1878 so you are guaranteed homegrown attention and service.
3. Limited guests at one time assures you complete privacy.
4. Matangi was once a coconut plantation so the natural product of coconut thatch and bamboo, along with other natural products provides environmentally friendly accommodation.
5. Activities include snorkelling, swimming, kayaking, private picnics, quiet walks.
6. Rainforests, pristine beaches and crystal clear waters provide some of the best opportunities to get back in touch with yourself, to clear your mind, body and spirit.
7. Tavaro Waterfalls are spectacular, providing some stunning photo opportunities and the Civa Pearl farm is definitely a must do visit.
8. The sun in all its splendid glory rises and sets on Matangi so why not take a hike up the island trails for a great vantage point and sit quietly soaking up the ambience.
9.The weather is perfect all year round so you don't need much more than light weight clothing, you could spend all your days lounging around in your resort wear.
10. Matangi is the ultimate honeymoon destination or the perfect setting for your wedding.